It’s Earth Day! We wanted to share a special blog with our followers to remind you of fun, creative ways to save water – and money! Did you know turning off the water while you brush your teeth can save up to 5 gallons of water? That’s over 1,800 gallons a year! If you follow our blog you know how important being green and low-impact is to us at Torrent Resources. We hope you consider some of our favorite water conservation tricks the next time you wash dishes or brush your teeth!
Here are some of our favorite water conservation tricks
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth and wash your hands to save up to 5 gallons of water per brush/wash.
- Reserve the leftover water from cooking pasta in a milk jug to water plants with later.
- Only wash clothes when you have a full load to wash. *Bonus* Front load washers are energy efficient and use less water.
- Turn the water off in the sink while you scrub dishes or pots and pans.
- Using your dishwasher instead of washing all of the dishes by hand saves you time, water, and money!
For more water conservation tricks, check out this extensive list of 100 ways to conserve!
Torrent Resources, a full-service Stormwater Solutions Provider specializes in the construction of stormwater infiltration BMPs for the pretreatment and recharge of excess surface water. Our drainage systems are low-cost, LID products that have been installed all over the Southwest for over 43 years.
Subscribe to our blog to receive updates about new posts and the latest on stormwater news. You can now follow us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TorrentResources.